Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 41 Westfield shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
Our Westfield living centres are much more than places where people shop - we're curating the best retail, dining, entertainment and leisure experiences. A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
The Customer Experience Technology (CXT) team is responsible for enhancing the experience our customers and retailers have across our digital and physical touchpoints. Our team is an agile high-growth team and we’ve combined the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a corporate organisation.
We’re in the market for a talented Tech Lead to join our Customer Experience Technology team, focussing on front end engineering. You’ll work closely with a cross-functional team, to build and govern the creation of solutions across different technologies which deliver products that engage our customers, employees and partners to help Scentre Group accelerate its agility and innovation.
A snapshot of your role:
- Build and run software end to end
- Lead people development initiatives (such as Guilds and lunch & learns)
- Write, configure and enhance technology solutions
- Lead and mentor people with a wide variety of backgrounds
- Conduct and support testing and quality assurance
- Lead best practices in program design and architecture from a frontend perspective
The role is being offered as a permanent position based from our Sydney CBD office.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll be an influential leader, with a track record of successfully being able to engage peers and stakeholders to get things done. We have a ‘no egos’ culture, which will suit your collaborative and pragmatic attitude too. You’ll have a genuine passion for how technology can enable great Scentre Group customer, employee and partner experiences and success.
Technically, you’ll have the following:
- Fully up-to-date experience with CSS
- Experience applying A11Y best practice
- Strong experience debugging and maintaining build systems both local and remote (webpack, buildkite, rancher)
- In depth understanding of a website's lifecycle from a performance point of view
- Experience facilitating planning sessions, retros and showcases
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.