Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 41 Westfield shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
Technology is part of everything Scentre Group does; and in many cases, it’s the enabler. In the Technology team, our ambition is to increase our customer intimacy, accelerate agility and innovation and increase our speed of delivery.
We have a newly created opportunity for a Senior Manager to head up our Data Engineering function, leading our team responsible for BI, data management, and warehousing. You’ll work closely with the GM and broader technology leadership team to develop our data technology strategy, including the data platform architecture that aligns to our wider technology and business strategy / objectives, data architecture, security and governance and investment business cases and initiative prioritisation.
A snapshot of your role:
- Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to guide, influence and inspire peak performance across the data architecture, engineering, integration and cloud functions
- Design and implement appropriate data architectures, infrastructure, data ingestion pipelines and enablement tools, processes, and controls to help the Data Engineering team grow at scale
- Develop a data technology strategy that spans and informs all areas of the business from product innovation to customer success
- Develop the data road-map using the most appropriate technologies and manage and expand in-house data teams to support growth
- Ensure that functional engineering and DevOps domain expertise is deployed and integrated in an efficient and effective manner to meet product requirements and deliverables
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll have a strong technology or software engineering background, coupled with several years’ experience managing data engineering teams, building data products using modern big data and application tools. You’ll be an innovator in your field, and an influencer who is able to bring others along the journey.
This role requires high engagement, collaboration, and partnership to help influence strategic direction by raising visibility of trends, issues and opportunities for data and analytics across our business. You’ll have strong analytical skills and be able to interpret data and provide recommendations to the leadership team.
Technically, you’ll have very strong commercial data analytics platforms and data visualization tools knowledge, and be well versed in an array of technologies and libraries such as big data, cloud, machine learning & AI, API’s, DevOps, CICD. You’ll have a very strong understanding of data modelling, with significant experience working with large scale transformations programs and agile product teams.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.