Scentre Group owns and operates Westfield centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
We partner with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands, home-grown entrepreneurs and local game-changers, redefining the retail, hospitality, leisure and lifestyle experiences for over 530 million customers we welcome through our doors every year.
Westfield Eastgardens is located approximately 10 kilometres from the Sydney CBD in the city’s south-eastern suburbs and is one of the top 30 shopping centres in Australia. The centre caters to a trade area population of approximately 303,000 residents. It is home to some of Australia’s most trusted retailers including Myer, Big W, Kmart, Target, Coles, Woolworths, and ALDI. There is also a Hoyts cinema on site as well as a broad mix of retailers including approximately 280 specialty stores. It is a dynamic centre with a broad range of customers and local influences.
As part of the National Facilities Management team you will support our Asset Teams in delivering extraordinary experiences every day. You will be responsible for the integrated management and maintenance of the infrastructure in each of our assets, ensuring life safety, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency and innovation; enabling each asset to achieve its full potential.
Reporting into the Facilities Manager, the Assistant Facilities Manager plays an integral role in ensuring that the facilities services within Westfield Carousel are maintained and continually improved for an optimum service delivery to our customers.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Deliver the Strategic Asset Plan, Scentre Group’s Plan on a Page, the Facilities Plan on a Page and all other strategic and asset planning initiatives for your asset, as directed by your Facilities Manager
- Manage all asset maintenance, repair and capital works, ensuring accuracy and input from other Centre Stakeholders to ensure the best practicable, cost effective solution
- Ensure all asset, contractor and compliance data is captured and that all documentation is accessible centrally, accurate and current in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to enable real time reporting
- Ensure all asset team members and service providers deliver operating practices that adhere to all relevant statutory requirements, Codes, standards and authority requirements (eg Administration procedures, CMMS).
- Develop and maintain professional team relationships ensuring input on needs and cross team collaboration so that works can be delivered that meet, or at best exceed, customer experience expectations
What will set you apart from the rest?
- 7+ years’ experience in retail, hospitality, property, facilities management or similar customer centric environment.
- Diploma or tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Trade, Building Services or Facilities Management.
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrated experience balancing financial needs with technical outcomes
- Experience in managing teams and service providers to their full potential
- Ability to deliver across 7 days a week in a dynamic environment
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks’ parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!