Westfield Newmarket has undergone a $790 million project which is now nearing completion to create a world-class retail and lifestyle destination in the heart of Auckland. Incorporating multiple sites over four and a half hectares, the Broadway site will be home to Auckland’s first David Jones department store, a new format Farmers department store, Countdown supermarket, and more than 230 new specialty stores.
We are looking for a full-time maintenance office to join the Westfield Newmarket team to coordinate and support the delivery of our customer-facing facilities services to ensure our customers receive an extraordinary experience each time they visit the centre.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to
- Contribute to the day to day operation and effective maintenance and repair of the Centre facilities, always in accordance with Scentre group safety procedures
- Communicate effectively to inform staff and retailers of scheduled maintenance activities
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are attended to professionally and promptly
- Plan and carry out the Centre's general repair and maintenance program including in and around Centre and car park areas
- Coordinate and track work undertaken by external Suppliers and Contractors
- Ensure customers positive endorsement of their shopping experience
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key contractors
- Review maintenance and repair statistics and provide recommendations for improvement to Facilities Manager
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture.
- You will have at least 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Trade experience is preferred, but not essential
- You must have a driver’s license
- You must have intermediate computer skills
- This is a full-time role initially requiring attendance across a dynamic roster, a degree of flexibility will be available
What sets us apart from the rest?
Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to working. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!