Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space and creating experience-based living destinations.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
We are looking for a talented Interior Designer to join the Scentre Group Design team to work on a range of exciting projects focused on the Concept through to Design Development phase.
This is a permanent role, which will be based in our Sydney Support Office, located conveniently above Westfield Sydney.
A snapshot of your role...
• Provide leading edge, inspiring, innovative interior design concepts
• Participate in the development of the design vision and uphold the vision throughout the project
• Create design presentations through a range of drawing and software skills to clearly communicate design concepts
• Participate in design development and documentation to gain alignment/approvals with business partners and authorities;
• Specify functional, aesthetic furniture, FF&E and material selections that are fit for purpose
• Create detailed design specifications for the project D&C Team
Industry Skills, Knowledge and Experience...
• Industry recognised diploma or degree in Interior Design/Architecture
• Creative thinker with an innovative approach to design and problem solving
• Excellent design software skills
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent visual communication skills
• Proven ability to contribute meaningfully to Design Development
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Ability to collaborate in a positive working team culture throughout the project from concept to delivery
What sets us apart from the rest?
• Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
• Ability to build a holistic career in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
• Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life. If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!