Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
We have a fantastic opportunity available in our Retailer Account Services (RAS) team for a switched on credit controller. You’ll provide support in the process of collecting outstanding rental arrears from our retail tenants. You will partner very closely with our centre & leasing based teams, and act as a point of contact for our retailers for resolution of any account issues and enquiries.
Sitting within our large, high-performing team, day to day you’ll be responsible for a range of retailers' rental account management and administrative tasks. A snapshot of your role:
- Achieve monthly collection targets as per KPI
- Updating collection notes and ongoing actions in relation to the tenants
- Prepare a range of reports including account reconciliations
- Process a high volume of daily banking of rent to trust accounts
- Apply daily unallocated receipt items against related invoices
- Manage internal and external stakeholder communications
- Monitor ongoing debtor Payment Plans
- Action & respond to emails & calls relating to account queries
- Collect and record insurance documents from retailers
- Manage security deposit holdings for retail tenants
The role is being offered as a fixed-term contract position with full-time hours and will ordinarily be based from our Sydney Support Office, located conveniently above Westfield Sydney.
What will set you apart from the rest?
We’re looking for a self-motivated, confident and detail-orientated individual, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have experience in a collections / reporting / account management role or similar, and through this you’ve gained confidence when building strong relationships with a range of different stakeholders. You’ll be highly skilled working with Microsoft Excel, have excellent verbal & written communication skills, and also be able to demonstrate an ability to manage multiple priorities too. If you enjoy building and managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and like solving commercial problems, then this role is for you.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role and any unsolicited agency CV’s will not be accepted at this time.