Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 41 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
Technology is part of everything Scentre Group does; and in many cases, it’s the enabler. In the Technology team, our ambition is to increase our customer intimacy, accelerate agility and innovation and increase our speed of delivery.
Following a recent internal promotion, we’re currently seeking a talented Desktop Support Engineer to join our Employee Experience Services team and provide support for the Digital Workplace within Scentre Group. This is a fast paced role with a lot of breadth, where you’ll be responsible for engineering focussed tasks like administering and patching, right through to the physical desktop moves!
In this role you’ll provide maintenance and support of all end user devices, systems and applications within our environment. The end user solution incorporates devices (Desktop, Laptop, Mobile), Configuration and Management systems (SCCM, Intune), Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS and Productivity applications (Office 365), and Identity and Access Management (Active Directory, Azure AD).
The highlights of your role:
- Provide accurate and timely solutions to end user computing problems to ensure our end-user experience is of the highest quality
- Provide technical support to assist in the resolution of end user related problems and major incidents
- Support the Problem Management function in the root cause analysis of incidents
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve Microsoft Windows (Windows 10) hardware and software problems
- Install and configure new PC hardware and software on desktops, laptops and peripherals such as phones, printers, external drives and other related hardware
We’re offering the position on a permanent basis, which will work on a rotating roster. Our roster runs between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and will be for an 8-hour day (full-time hours).
What will set you apart from the rest?
We’re looking for a desktop support guru, who is motivated to join a business that will facilitate ongoing career development and has a great team culture! It’s important that you have a sense of urgency, a high degree of self-motivation, and you’re able to maintain great customer service under pressure. You’ll be a strong communicator, with excellent attention to detail, and a passion for continuous improvement.
Technically, you’ll have experience in the implementation and support of end user compute device and systems, as well as great knowledge of SCCM and Intune. You’ll be an expert in deploying and managing device fleets and have experience with desktop Patch and Security Vulnerability Management. You’ll have sound experience with a Managed Operating Environment including Active Directory, Azure AD, Group Policy, Windows 10, Exchange Online, Office 365 Apps, Microsoft Teams.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Attractive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.