As the owner and operator of 41 Westfield Living Centres across Australia and New Zealand, Scentre Group is conscious of delivering on our purpose with a responsible business mindset and approach. Our Sustainable Business Framework has four focus areas – Our Community, Our People, Our Environmental Impact and Our Economic Performance. The objective of our Environmental Impact focus area is to preserve resources and ensure our assets are resilient and operating at optimum levels.
To enable this, Scentre Group is seeking an experienced Environmental Manager to support its asset and Support Office teams in developing, coordinating and driving the uptake of initiatives at our assets to achieve organisation-wide environmental targets.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Management, National Facilities - Customer Experience, the successful applicant will also play a key role in project management and co-ordination of our data and verification processes to meet our mandatory and voluntary environmental reporting requirements. The Environmental Manager will collaborate with asset facilities teams, external contractors and key stakeholders at Support Office to fulfill this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is striving for operational excellence and improved performance.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead the development and delivery of environmental initiatives and outcomes across all Scentre Group assets in line with Sustainable Business objectives as well as National Facilities and CX ‘Plan on a Page’ and KPIs.
- Provide input into all environmental reporting requirements for Scentre Group including as a key stakeholder for our annual Sustainability Report
- Professionally deliver accurate environmental data for Scentre Group’s Corporate Annual Sustainability, GRESB, Green Star, Wellness, Materiality Assessment, Living Futures, HAZMAT, Waste, Water and other such reporting, as required.
- Lead and deliver NABERs best practice and procurement for all assets, generating support and understanding of the value from targeting improved ratings for our assets.
- Develop a sustainable business case for an Environmental Management System.
- Ensure all environmental and compliance services are delivered according to contract / agreed schedule of rates, escalating where anomalies or issues are found in a timely manner.
- As a key representative of Scentre Group in environmental management and practice, embody the vision and philosophy of a Responsible Sustainable Business, leading initiatives and inspire teams to own environmental outcomes (such as the National Environmental Efficiency Framework NEEF).
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Diploma or tertiary qualifications in Environmental, Sustainability, Engineering or Facilities Management
- 8+ years’ experience in portfolio property, facilities, retail and/or professional services management
- Strong commercial acumen and proven experience in influencing and leading organisations in environmental and sustainability
- Demonstrated experience in leading change transitions and implementation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and financial and reporting software systems (i.e. JDE), HAZMAT, Sustainability reporting frameworks, Schneider’s Resource Adviser or equivalent, GRESB, TCFD, CDP, NGERS, NABERS
- Demonstrated skill in professional communications for internal and external stakeholders
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks’ parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.’
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.