Scentre Group is creating extraordinary places that connect and enrich communities. We're focused on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and retailers every day, ensuring that each of our 41 Westfield living centres across Australia and New Zealand are always safe, compliant, and efficiently managed.
Westfield Woden is located eight kilometres south of the Canberra CBD. Centrally located in the midst of government buildings and neighbourhoods of families, professionals and skilled workers, the centre caters to a trade area population in excess of 464,000 residents.
With a $21 million redevelopment recently completed, Westfield Woden has seen the introduction of a new dining precinct, which includes six restaurants adjoining Westfield Woden’s HOYTS Cinema complex. The new precinct has been designed to make the most of Canberra’s climate all year round, with the retention of existing trees and an injection of greenery and pet friendly features – catering to everyone throughout the day and into the evening, with late trading all day.
As part of the National Facilities Management team, you will support our Asset Team in delivering extraordinary experiences every day. You will be responsible for the integrated management and maintenance of Westfield Woden ensuring life safety, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and innovation; enabling each asset to achieve its full potential.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead, coach and develop the Facilities team to deliver quality results on time and on budget, always ensuring exceptional customer experience
- Achieving operational excellence through team and contractors
- Provide strategic input into the Strategic Asset Plan around infrastructure maintenance and capital works needs
- Lead strategic and sustainability initiatives within your asset
- Develop and maintain a Capital Lifecycle Plan and manage the environmental asset performance
- Manage key partnerships with key contractors and stakeholders
As a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Degree, Diploma or tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Trades, Building Services or Facilities Management
- Extensive management experience in retail, hospitality or other customer services environment
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrated experience balancing financial needs with technical outcomes
- Demonstrated skill in leading and coaching teams to their full potential
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, multitasking and managing of priorities
- Comfortable with occasional afterhours call outs due to incidents.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks’ parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.’
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.