Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 41 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
Our Customer Experience Finance team support our Customer Experience (CX) team to create extraordinary through financial performance, by being trusted advisors and influencers to our business partners. We do this by telling the story of financial performance and providing insights and foresights to maximise sustainable growth.
We’re looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join our CX Finance team, working specifically alongside our Commercial Delivery Team (CDT) to drive core strategy for new and existing revenue opportunities across channels including but not limited to our Car Park, Valet, and Spaces businesses, as well as new ventures. The role is being offered as an 18 month fixed term contract, and will be based from our Sydney CBD offices located above Westfield Sydney.
In this role, you’ll partner with the business to achieve superior commercial outcomes by acting upon opportunities that benefit customers, partners and community. You’ll add value by leading a team of Analysts through the timely and accurate reporting and analysis of actuals, forecasts, and budgets. You’ll build an understanding of the operational dynamics of the Car Park, Valet, and Spaces businesses and provide thought leadership in utilising performance and trend analysis to enhance understanding of key drivers and generate cost efficiencies or sustainable improvements to Net Operating Income. The role will involve leading the preparation and review financial modelling ability to support core strategic CDT initiatives and lead the review of business cases to deliver new initiatives.
A snapshot of your role:
- Lead and manage a team of 2 Finance Analysts
- Partner with the Commercial Delivery team, CX Finance team, and Centre teams to provide commercial support and insights/foresights on opportunities and risks
- Communicate complex information in a simple manner through preparing, reviewing and presenting financial models to support core strategy of the Commercial Delivery Team
- Be commercially focused and lead the delivery (in conjunction with operational partners & Commercial Delivery team) of periodic forecasts, annual budgets, and long-term forecasts resulting in on-time delivery and approval of results
- Lead a consistent and timely month end review, presenting to our leadership teams
What will set you apart from the rest?
We’re looking for a good balance of technical knowledge and attention to detail, coupled with stakeholder management skills and leadership ability. You’ll be able to maintain valuable relationships with key business stakeholders, and partner effectively to add value through analysis and insights. You’ll also be a natural leader, with demonstrated experience in guiding and managing reports to ensure their ongoing success in their role.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
- For the second year running we have been named as a Bronze Employer at the Australian LGBTI Inclusion Awards
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally valued and rewarded
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are also encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.