Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose – to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Payroll Officer to join our payroll team of 4 on a 10 month Parental leave cover! Our team is responsible for both the weekly and monthly payroll for our staff in Australia and New Zealand
A snapshot of your role:
- Supporting both Weekly and Monthly payrolls for Aus and NZ
- Interpreting awards/agreements and employment contracts in relation to overtime, shift penalties, allowances, breaks etc. Assisting with maintaining the awards/agreements and communicating updates to the business.
- Assisting with month end reconciliation and payments including superannuation.
- Calculation and payment of termination payments.
- Payroll administration e.g. filing, setting up new starters, archiving, payslips.
- Liaise with HR regarding staff appointments, terminations, remuneration, conditions of service, and other related matters.
The role is being offered as a part-time contract position (4 days a week), based from our Sydney CBD Support Office, above Westfield Sydney.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll be a team player, a problem solver, and a great communicator. You’ll have worked with a large payroll system before with working knowledge of time in attendance platforms (Kronos ideal), and through your experience, you’ll have a good understanding of payroll legislation, processes, and awards across AUS & NZ.
You’ll have started your payroll career, and now you’re looking for a role where you will be supported as you continually develop your payroll expertise. We don’t need you to know everything about payroll, however, we do need you to be hungry and motivated to learn!
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
When you join Scentre Group, you’re opening a whole new world of possibilities. We’re passionate, driven, and leading the way in the exciting and ever-changing retail landscape.
Whether you’re joining us as a casual to gain experience or a permanent role to develop your career, you will be provided with endless opportunities to leverage your career, whilst being challenged and recognised along the way.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to.
We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work each and every day because we believe our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve, in the communities in which we operate.
This commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including LGBTI, gender equity, mental health & wellbeing, working flexibility, disability, and alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.