Content Operations Manager
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
You will work closely with several teams to better optimise content usage across our owned channels. You are organised, positive, proactive and have a strong ability to time manage yourself to deliver and manage multiple workstreams at once. Reporting to the CX Group Manager Content, this role works in a small team of diverse specialist to deliver exciting, big projects and even larger impact to our teams.
- Martech ecosystem and platform super user, working within our key platforms to drive efficiency
- Support vendor relationship management in partnership with content lead
- Support ongoing education and training to stakeholders (product’s capabilities, how to use the product to achieve their objectives, new features etc.)
- Responsible for correcting any martech issues that arise, in partnership with platform experts + product
- Implementation of new technology rollouts in partnership with content and product teams
- Drive ongoing product usage and user satisfaction, assessing adoption and analytics
What will set you apart from the rest?
You are organised, positive, proactive and have a strong ability to time manage yourself to deliver and manage multiple workstreams at once
- Minimum 3-5 years’ proven experience working with creative, in-house or agency team
- Experience working with content platforms such as Bynder / Scala/ Contentful would be preferable
- Experience with content optimisation cross platform / channel
- Experience working on a heritage, highly valued brand
- High attention to detail and excellence in execution
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Skye Cobby, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8179.