Senior Product Manager – Digital Out of Home
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
The Product Manager is responsible for delivering market leading Digital Out-of-Home products that our commercial partners and customers love. You will be responsible for the management and growth of the BrandSpace DOOH product.
In this role you must develop a deep understanding of the needs of our commercial partners, what challenges them, their motivations, their objectives and how we can optimise or develop new products that directly meet their needs. You will also regularly analyse market trends and new technologies to identify opportunities to accelerate performance.
You will become the undisputed expert of the products you manage and be the driving force behind its uptake and success.
- Define and execute on the product strategy, whilst ensuring it contributes to the overarching business strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of the product management framework.
- Develop the commercial model that drives profitability and targeted volume/ yield performance.
- Own product revenue management by setting the pricing strategy, forecasting demand and tracking sell-through and goal achievement.
- Regularly review performance to identify opportunities to improve pricing and trading structures.
- Become the undisputed expert and advocate for the products you manage and support Sales with uptake in the market.
- Lead the creation of data-driven, performance-focused products that produce value for our commercial partners and differentiates the business.
- Deeply understand our commercial partners and be able to design product that directly meet their objectives.
- Analyse trends in the market and new technologies to identify how these can improve, optimise and evolve the product through its lifecycle.
- Gather inputs from a wide range of contributors and stakeholders.
- Work side by side with Product Marketing to support the development of the GTM strategy and communications.
- Partner with Analytics & Insights teams to ensure a steady supply of quality data and analytics to power the product.
- Partner with the Operations team streamline processes and accelerate the product to market.
- Understand the full Scentre Group ecosystem and be actively involved in our community.
- Create an environment where feedback is ingrained in the way we operate.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- 5-8 years’ experience in a similar product leadership role.
- A deep understanding of product management practices.
- Strong understanding of DOOH and/or Performance-based advertising.
- Strong experience building complex data-driven products that deliver measurable outcomes.
- Experience building commercial models and performance analysis.
- Experience managing product across the product lifecycle.
- Self-motivated to continue to learn about new emerging technologies and constantly improve your practice.
- Strong relationship and communication skills with the ability to communicate and simplify complex technical ideas/solutions.
- Experience managing cross functional teams.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Skye Cobby, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8179.