Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
We require an experienced Hydraulic Designer to join our Design & Construction team.
The function of this role is to provide timely and accurate technical advice to ensure that plumbing and fire systems within the retail environment are designed and delivered to Scentre Group standards and specifications for the Scentre Group shopping centre portfolio throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to
- Prepare preliminary planning and conceptual designs for proposed building alterations and extensions;
- Prepare impacts cost assessments relative to existing building services systems and infrastructure;
- Prepare compliant and quality assured developed and detailed design packages in line with scope, specifications and the relevant standards;
- Undertake construction phase assistance on-site including tender analysis, contractor design reviews, defect inspections, as well as completion and handover witness testing;
- Prepare, brief, engage and review external consultants’ designs;
- Work in a collaborative team environment with other engineering disciplines, in-house architects, and the construction team;
- Ensure projects covering Hydraulic and Fire services are completed on time and within budget;
- Provide high-level technical support to all Scentre Group stakeholders;
- Design competency and understanding of relevant standards, specifically AS3500, AS2419.1, AS2441, AS5601 & AS2118.1; and
- Hydraulic Engineering accreditation (or ability to be accredited) under the ABCB National Registration Framework for Building Practitioners.
This is a permanent position with full-time hours based at Scentre Groups Sydney CBD support office.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture.
- Broad, diversified Hydraulic services design and construction experience in the building industry.
- In addition to Hydraulic services, have a design understanding of Wet Fire systems and preferably be an Accredited Fire Safety Practitioner AFSP (Level 3) in both Fire Hydrant & Fire Hose Reel installations and Fire Sprinklers.
- Experience in the design of the following systems
- Sanitary and Trade Waste;
- Cold Water;
- Natural Gas;
- Storm Water Disposal (including rainwater harvesting and re-use);
- Fire Hydrant and Hose Reel Installations,
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Experience effectively managing projects from the concept phase and design documentation through to construction delivery.
- Experience negotiating and liaising with authorities/utilities.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks Parental leave, Volunteer Days to work with our Charity Partners, Health and Wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra Annual Leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.