Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
To bring this vision to life, we are looking for a Project Architectural Manager to join our Scentre Group Design team, supporting a number of exciting projects in our portfolio
As a Project Architectural Manager, you will provide leadership and capability to deliver leading edge design that will exceed customer expectations. This includes the day to day management of the project design team, to ensure delivery of the detailed design documentation packages meet the design intent and are delivered in line with the agreed program/s.
Your role includes but not limited to:
- Checks the work for compliance, Safety in Design, functionality, buildability, scope to ensure it is fully co-ordinated and reflects the concept design intent ready to serve the intended purposes of tender and/or construction;
- Takes responsibility for the administrative processes inherent in the issuing and receipt of documents, including QA checking;
- In consultation with the Project Design Manager develops and issues the drawing schedule and documentation program for the project, identifying staff against the allocated work/tasks;
- Identifies and agrees the key delivery dates for design inputs for issue to the project documentation team to meet all documentation deadlines;
- Ensures that Requests for Information are responded to and satisfied within agreed timelines;
- Manages external consultants meet documentation milestones specific to their discipline to meet the project program, ensuring that the project’s functional, operational and buildability requirements are met; and
- Takes responsibility for administering and ensuring timely delivery of lease plan documentation for the project.
Industry Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Recognised architectural degrees for Architects; Diploma or Certificate qualification from recognised institutions for Architectural Technicians.
- Leadership experience
- Good design sensibility and appreciation with a commitment to achieving the best possible design outcome.
- Experience in design phases from concept through to delivery.
- High proficiency in Revit is a must.
- Commercial acumen, attention to detail, ability to understand, detail, and visualise the finished product, and how things work together.
- Good problem-solving skills, independent thinking, curious and good communication.
- Sound knowledge of construction, codes, compliance.
- Retail experience preferred.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business.
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it.
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.