Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Risk & Security Supervisor to join our team at Westfield Parramatta. This is a varied role, with a key focus on leading and directing the centre risk management function and providing the optimal level of security and safety for our retailers and customers.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively plan and deliver priorities from the Safety Framework, to provide a safe and secure environment that exceeds customer expectations, while promoting safety as an integral part of the customer experience
- Proactive management, reporting, and response to hazard identification, incidents, emergencies, near misses and claims
- Manage safety audits and inspection programs
- Attend to Centre emergencies; ensuring risk and security staff and contractors are trained to deal with all emergencies
- Management of external service providers and contract security staff
- Develop strong relationships and work with local Police, WHS Regulators, Fire Brigade and Ambulance Services to develop operational and emergency protocols
As a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
This is a permanent position with full-time hours.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll have a strong background in security, exposure to risk management strategies, and a passion for retail property! Technically, you’ll also have the following skills and experience:
- Qualifications in Work Health and Safety or related discipline
- Solid experience in risk or security management in retail property, hospitality, entertainment, leisure or services organization
- Ability to mitigate & manage risk, manage the incident response, and follow through with insurance, claims management, and litigation process where required
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.