Digital & Analytics Manager
We work alongside some seriously inspiring experts and creative minds. When you join our team, you're not only joining the industry leader - you're embarking on a career journey that could take you anywhere!
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Over the last three years, Scentre Group has delivered a range of initiatives to form our Connected Customer Experience, including most recently the launch of the Westfield Plus membership program.
More broadly, the role of measurement and reporting across the Customer Experience division is expanding and increasing in importance; from defining targets and corresponding measurement frameworks that align to strategic ambition, to the delivery of data and reports to the business and insight-led storytelling – as an organisation we’re seeking to drive measurable business outcomes.
The Digital Analytics & Insights Manager will lead a stream of work within the Connected Customer Experience project that is focused on demonstrating the value of partnering with Scentre Group to our retail partners.
The role will also provide analytic support and will guide the optimisation of Scentre Group’s digital platforms and channels across Australia and New Zealand.
You will act as the lead in-house analytics resource providing data derived insights to various teams and stakeholders such as Product Managers, UX Designers, Content Authors, Campaign Managers, Business Analysts, External Partner Agencies and Senior Management. You will combine your insights and industry experience to deliver strategic proposals that drive enhancements across Scentre Group’s digital assets, being mindful of gaining key stakeholder alignment throughout your process.
You must have experience with Google Analytics and Tag Management solutions to support your Digital Analytics Executive in delivering enhanced tagging that captures critical customer data points across all digital platforms. You will be expected to partner with digital engineering teams and an external agency to work through existing tagging backlog and the prioritisation of data layer enhancements.
As part of the wider CX Strategy & Programming team, you will be a highly-valued integrated business partner with a passion for data and delivering meaningful insight. You must work closely with teams to understand their objectives and demonstrate how strategy and decisions can be informed by data. You will support your Digital Analytics Executive to set up performance dashboards using visualisation software (tableau or data studio preferable), provide relevant training, and help to enable self-serve reporting and analytics wherever possible.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Interpret customer behaviour from available data and help others understand key customer journeys and actions
- Providing performance insights and data-driven recommendations to guide the optimisation of digital campaigns
- Compiling periodical web analytics presentations and socialising key insights with relevant stakeholders
- Analysing and identifying key digital KPIs and work with teams to track and optimise towards targets
- Creating and enhancing performance dashboards across a range of digital platforms and channels
- Leading tagging strategies aligned to performance optimisation and customer insight generation
- Coaching and developing direct report
- Providing data-driven insights and strategic recommendations to various teams and personnel
- Answering ad-hoc web and app analytics requests in GA and providing responses to guide decision making
What will set you apart from the rest?
As the Digital Analytics Manager you will have:
- University degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ proven experience working with digital data analysis and insights
- Detailed knowledge of Google Analytics 360 and Google Tag Manager
- Advanced experience with website analytics and attribution modelling
- Confidence in building internal peer and stakeholder relationships, understanding their needs and processes
- Ability to communicate complex data effectively to a variety of audiences via a variety of means
- Very strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Hands-on experience with analysis and visualisation software such as Tableau or Data Studio
- Detailed understanding of tagging approaches, procedures and appropriate tools
- Ability to quickly adapt to a breadth of contexts and associated priorities
- High attention to detail and excellence in execution
- Highly numerate & analytical
- Experience with SQL and Big Query highly desirable
- Knowledge of SEM and SEO landscapes desirable
- Prior retail experience desirable
- Media buying or programmatic advertising background desirable
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Skye Cobby, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8179.