Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield Living Centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Scentre (New Zealand) Limited (“SNZ”) manages the Westfield Living Centres in New Zealand. The NZ Corporate Accountant partners with Scentre Group’s finance team and business leaders to meet SNZ’s corporate reporting and compliance obligations. A snapshot of the role:
- Strategic and Commercial: Complete SNZ reporting, taxation and treasury requirements and maintain associated financial systems and data. Gather and report data for business performance management. A summary of key tasks include:
- Oversee approval, data processing and payment of corporate overheads, dividends and NZ support office capital
- Process monthly management fees, support office cost recharges to shopping centres and intercompany charges
- Oversee and control SNZ general ledger processing, account balances and monthly reconciliations
- Administer staff credit cards and associated payments plus foreign currency for staff travel
- Assist Group Planning to complete monthly management reporting, annual budgets and 5-year forecasts for SNZ's shopping centre management business including operational and corporate overheads
- Adaptability and Innovation: Monitor changes in accounting standards and regulatory requirements and implement associated changes and improvements in local systems and reporting.
- Partner: Liaise with business team leaders and the HR team to assist them with their management and regulatory information requirements.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal), who presents a positive and team focus. Effective time and self-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities is crucial in addition to the below:
- Full CA membership of Chartered Accountants ANZ (or equivalent international body)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Corporate Accounting or CA Business Services role with a good understanding of financial reporting standards and NZ tax regulations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in computerised accounting packages (JD Edwards an advantage)
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks Parental leave, Volunteer Days to work with our Charity Partners, Health and Wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra Annual Leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!