Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
This opportunity will require the ability to Initiate, integrate and deliver interior designs to enhance the overall project in compliance with project Brief/s.
This is a permanent role, which will be based in our Sydney Support Office, located conveniently above Westfield Sydney.
A snapshot of your role:
• Provides leading edge, inspiring, feasible, innovative interior design concepts
• and spaces fulfilling or exceeding agreed Briefs;
• Participates in the development of the design vision and upholds the vision
• throughout the project;
• Participates in design development and documentation for risk mitigation, value
• engineering to gain alignment/approvals with business partners and authorities;
• Provides comprehensive, efficiently documented design presentation clearly
• communicated to stakeholders and accepted;
• Produces interior design packages for tender and construction as coordinated
• with the project D & C team;
• Provides input and advice/responses to RFIs during construction;
• Contributes to Safety in Design to ensure designs are safe to build, operate and
• maintain; and
• Ensures that pre-development and project program milestones met.
Industry Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Proven ability to successfully completed “Major” projects with proven ability to carry out all functions autonomously and successfully.
• The ability to Contributed meaningfully to Design Development
• and Value Engineering processes
• Able to consistently present, communicate and win support/approvals from stakeholders internally and externally.
• Able to engender a positive working team culture throughout the project from concept to delivery.
• The ability to mentor and coach others
What sets us apart from the rest?
• Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
• Ability to build a holistic career in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
• Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!