Life Safety Systems Coordinator
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. With a diverse safety risk profile that includes Design and Construction activities, you will be constantly learning about our business and teams.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
We are looking for a Life Safety Systems Coordinator (WHS Systems Coordinator) who is full of positive energy and drive to “get things done”. You will need to be able to function within a high performing team environment and individually in a dynamic and significant role. Reporting to the Head of Life Safety the role will focus on supporting Scentre Group’s Safety objectives through management of the critical life safety risks, tracking/monitoring control effectiveness, preparing Life Safety Reports and recommending key activities to reduce risk.
The role will suit a person with the right personal attitude and attributes, you may be new to the safety profession and looking to take a step up into a more autonomous safety role. If you want to be part of a team who is willing to be curious and do things differently to make positive change then this role is for you.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to the organisations Safety Partners and drive continuous improvement of key safety processes including control monitoring, training, assurance activities and incident management.
- Assist with the development, review, consultation and communication of safety procedures, processes and tools, including associated change management and training programs.
- Provide support in developing and maintaining the Safety Management system (SMS) inclusive of electronic access and distribution to ensure effectiveness.
- Provide support in generating Safety Reports for Senior Executive and Board meetings.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with relevant Legislation, Codes of Practice and Standards.
- Support various Safety IT platforms through administration and monitoring
- Support and enhance Scentre Group’s “people protecting people” culture
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Olivia Stojcevski, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7641