Commercial Risk & Security Supervisor
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. With a diverse safety risk profile that includes Design and Construction activities, you will be constantly learning about our business and teams.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
We are looking for a Commercial Risk & Security Supervisor to join a high performing team environment and individually in a dynamic and significant role. Reporting to the Commercial Property Manager, the role will focus on the management and oversight of the operational risk and safety within the Sydney Commercial Offices to deliver safe and compliant workplaces.
The role will suit a person with the right personal attitude and attributes, with strong contract management experience in the corporate space with a risk and security background. Effective communication skills are essential when dealing with our stakeholders in this role.
Industry Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management
- Security License 1AC (can be achieved within 3 months)
- Ability to promote a risk, safety and security culture including best practice
- 3+ years’ experience in risk and security management in commercial/retail property, hospitality, entertainment, leisure or services organisation
- Demonstrates ability to mitigate and manage risk, manage incident response, and follow through with insurance, claims management and litigation process where required
- Knowledge/experience with access control systems and CCTV systems
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Ensure sound risk and security management systems are in place and performance against these systems is reviewed regularly
- Implement Scentre Group processes for complying with the business’ duties and obligations under Work Health & Safety legislation including participating in regular WH&S Committee meetings
- Complete and maintain risk and safety documentation to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to Scentre Group risk and safety policies and procedures
- Build and nurture a customer centric culture and professional partnerships with key stakeholders, including Support Office Risk and Security teams, external emergency services, local community, management staff, customers, and contractors to deliver safe and compliant Sydney Commercial Offices
- Lead the risk and security team and contractors, ensuring effective delivery in line with the Scentre Group DNA and achieve/exceed KPI’s through clarity of roles and accountabilities, growing engagement and optimising third party relationships
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Olivia Stojcevski, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7641