Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
As a Retail Design Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership to deliver the Retail Design & Delivery strategy aligned to Scentre Groups strategic vision for each asset. This is a varied role, with a critical focus on delivering inspirational retail design outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide input into the Retail Design Strategy to ensure each Asset’s needs are reflected
- Utilise the Retail Design Strategy and industry research to ensure shops designs and shop improvements are inspirational, relevant and deliver on the product and tenancy visions in the Strategic Asset plans
- Manage the quality of the build with shopfitters and Retail Delivery Coordinator
- Obtain all necessary approvals within specified timeframes
- Issue drawings to Construction for pricing and liaise with retailers to facilitate the works
- Ensure shop designs adhere to Design Companions, Design Requirements and any relevant Precinct Specific Design Criteria
- Influence internal and external (shopfitters and designers) stakeholders to deliver the best practice retail design outcomes for each asset
- Act as the one point of contact for Retailers, providing ongoing guidance, consultation and partnership and to develop business and design direction
This role will have you supporting several projects working closely with the Leasing & Retail Solutions team, Shopfitters, Designers and broader Asset teams. Strong communication and engagement with stakeholders and your team, is imperative in achieving positive outcome of effective project delivery.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture. You’ll be a confident communicator and enjoy developing relationships cross functionally. Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to lead, negotiate, influence and collaborate is essential in this fast paced and exciting role.
- Degree/Diploma in Design/Interior Design/Architecture
- Minimum 5 years working in the Retail Design Industry
- Proven experience in Retail Design & onsite project management and delivery
- Working within teams and leading others to achieve results
- Possess excellent problem-solving communication skills and inter-personal relationship building skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Skills – Negotiating, Influencing, Problem Solving, Communications, Concepts Design
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks Parental leave, Volunteer Days to work with our Charity Partners, Health and Wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra Annual Leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Olivia Stojcevski, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 0439 766 420