Commercial Leasing Manager
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
You will be responsible for the leasing and delivery of the Scentre Group commercial and sundry properties comprising over 70,000sqm of office space, contribute to the financial performance of the assets, deliver exceptional customer experience, and ensure safe and compliant workplaces.
- In conjunction with the Asset Team and broader team, establish the strategic direction, annual plans and budgets for leasing of the commercial properties and sundry properties.
- Drive performance to deliver the goals and objectives of the strategic plan and budgets.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of expertise in lease management including liaison with existing and prospective tenants to enhance retention and minimise downtime.
- Develop and maintain a leasing and marketing strategy for each property.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly leasing reports with commentary.
- Monitor and control tenant rental arrears and ensure rent reviews are actioned in a timely manner.
- Prepare full business cases, cash flow analyses and commercially sound recommendations for any leasing proposal including operating capital and tenant incentives.
- Manage the leasing process including negotiation of terms with tenants, and appointment and management of external leasing agents.
- Liaise with tenants on fitout and make good as part of contractual negotiations.
- Keep current with all major property markets and regularly meet with agents to understand emerging trends.
- Develop and manage key tenant/stakeholder/service provider partnerships to ensure delivery, on time and on budget, and an exceptional customer experience.
- Provide regular formal communications to tenants/occupants on leasing matters.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Diploma or tertiary qualifications in a property or facilities related discipline.
- 5 + years’ experience in commercial leasing, property or facilities management and building services operations.
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated experience balancing financial needs with a sound understanding of base building and technical issues.
- Practical knowledge of property-related compliance including Work Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, multitasking and management of priorities.
- IT literate and able to use current business and building management systems and software.
- Strong leasing experience and demonstrated results in negotiating and finalising lease transactions, as well as effective and impactful communication skills
- Customer experience environment.
- Contract management.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions please reach out to Olivia Stojcevski, Talent Business Partner E: OStojcevski@Scentregroup.com