Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield Living Centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. We manage every aspect of our portfolio - from design, construction and development to leasing and retail solutions, asset management and marketing - ensuring that its centres constantly meet the highest expectations of today’s retailers and consumers.
A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Scentre Group has commenced its 2021/22 project pipeline, which has created multiple opportunities within our Knox project team.
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
To bring this vision to life, we have a rare opportunity for a Project Planner to join our team. This is a highly rewarding opportunity which will see you involved in the whole project life cycle. You will be based at our Knox site office and reporting to the Project Manager.
A snapshot of your role:
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, you will manage all project planning and programming activities on the Project to ensure it is completed on time and to the exceptional standard Scentre Group is known for
- You will coordinate various aspects of the Project such as: Project design and documentation, subcontract procurement and supply and other activities needed to achieve the Project’s objectives
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Review and track the PMP throughout the project life cycle to ensure Project objectives are achieved
- Anticipate challenges within the PMP and address them accordingly
- Assist the Project Manager and Contracts Manager by providing information to allow accurate and timely reporting of the Project
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Demonstrated experience in each phase of the project life cycle
- Construction Management or similar qualifications are preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain excellent stakeholder relationships
- A passion for delivering projects of an extraordinary standard
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it.
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!