Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
As part of the National Facilities Management team, you will support our Asset Teams in delivering extraordinary experiences every day. You will be responsible for the integrated management and maintenance of the infrastructure in each of our assets, ensuring life safety, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and innovation; enabling each asset to achieve its full potential.
We have an opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join our Westfield Geelong team!
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead, coach and develop the Facilities team to deliver quality results on time and on budget, always ensuring exceptional customer experience
- Achieving operational excellence through team and contractors
- Provide strategic input into the Strategic Asset Plan around infrastructure maintenance and capital works needs
- Lead strategic and sustainability initiatives within your asset
- Develop and maintain a Capital Lifecycle Plan and manage the environmental asset performance
- Manage key partnerships with key contractors and stakeholders
As a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Degree, Diploma or tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Trades, Building Services or Facilities Management
- Extensive management experience in retail, hospitality or other customer services environment
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrated experience balancing financial needs with technical outcomes
- Demonstrated skill in leading and coaching teams to their full potential
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, multitasking and managing of priorities
- Comfortable with occasional afterhours call outs due to incidents.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and well being discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team on email@example.com.