Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities. Scentre Group Customer Experience Teams drive excellence in both service and operations.
Scentre Group is currently on the lookout for a Group Senior Operational Analyst to join our internal Risk & Audit team.
This position is instrumental in the successful identification of risk to our operations arm of the business and developing mitigation mechanisms in tandem with business stakeholders and subject matter experts within the business.
Reporting to the General Manager of Risk, this position will systematically identify, assess, control, treat, review and report on risks impacting the Group’s ability to meet its business objectives including operating as a responsible and sustainable business.
- Development, preparation and enhancement of risk reporting to Senior Executives, the Board and Operational Teams including the maintenance of complete and accurate data in Bwise and tracking and recording of notable incidents.
- Assisting the business in developing effective controls or responses to known breaches or failures in relation to the management of Security, Cyber, Privacy and Life Safety risks.
- Development and enhancement of risk reporting platforms including system administration for Bwise and maintenance of relevant SharePoint sites.
- Support for the Crisis Management Team Secretariat and Business Continuity Processes.
- Enhancement of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and Risk culture across Scentre group through influencing, negotiation, learning and development programs and communication platforms.
What will set you apart from the rest?
The successful individual for this role will be able to demonstrate their ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience in an operational risk role (minimum of five years);
- Proven ability to provide analytics and reporting of operational risk information so that it is clear and easy to understand at all levels of the business;
- Attention to detail to confirm risk deliverables are complete, accurate and of a high quality;
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken) with people at all levels and from all different backgrounds
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise to achieve objectives of the Team
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong execution and to deliver results to a deadline
- Demonstrates initiative and curiosity and is comfortable challenging the status quo
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and willingness to enhance data analytics and reporting skills.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to build a holistic career in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!