Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
We are looking for an experienced Foreman to join the Scentre Group team with an initial focus on driving the programme at our Westfield Liverpool Living Centre. As a Foreman your role will involve supervising on site construction activities across the project whilst monitoring productivity, labour costs, adherence to construction programmes, and ensuring compliance to the safety plan.
What will set you apart from the rest
Reporting into the Project Manager, the primary responsibilities for this position are but:
- Plan, coordinate and control the on-site construction activities to ensure the completed works achieve the Environmental Occupational Health & Safety (EOH&S), time, cost and quality objectives for the Project.
- Manage H&S on the Project in accordance with industry standards to a “nil” lost time injury as the objective for the Project.
- Management of construction activities with a focus of driving the programme to time target deliverables, identifying risk to project objectives being achieved and working with the Project Manager to mitigate this.
- Previous experience pre to post construction on mid-level to larger scale vertical / commercial build projects.
- Exposure operating in a high traffic “live site” and managing multiple stakeholder expectations.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A delivery model that enables a higher degree of influence, ownership & decision making (based on internal ownership)
- Fully aligned whole of project team common goals – that provides for greater focus on outcomes
- Right time & resources applied in preconstruction to ensure a project’s success (noting we are not reliant on winning a tender for the project to proceed)
- Sense of personal reward & achievement: moving from a construction site one day to a trading retail environment the next
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
A pre-employment medical would be required for candidates successful as a part of the recruitment process.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life. If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!