Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space and creating experience-based living destinations.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
We are seeking mid-level Interior Designers to join the Scentre Group Design Team to work on a range of exciting projects, focusing on the Concept through to Design Development phases. This is an opportunity to join an industry leading design studio and to grow within our team.
These are permanent position, located in our Sydney Support Office, above Westfield Sydney.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Provide leading edge, inspiring, innovative interior design concepts
- Participate in the development of the design vision and uphold the vision throughout the project
- Create design presentations through a range of drawing and software skills to clearly communicate design concepts
- Participate in design development and documentation to gain alignment/approvals with business partners and authorities;
- Specify functional, aesthetic furniture, FF&E and material selections that are fit for purpose
- Create detailed design specifications for the project D&C Team
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Minimum 3-5 years’ industry experience
- Industry recognised diploma or degree in Interior Design/Architecture
- You are a creative thinker with an innovative approach to design and problem solving
- You have excellent design software skills
- You have strong verbal communication and presentation skills & excellent visual communication skills
- You have proven ability to contribute meaningfully to Design Development
- You have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to collaborate in a positive working team culture throughout the project from concept to delivery
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role and any unsolicited agency CV’s will not be accepted at this time.