Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space and creating experience-based living destinations.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
We are looking for an Architectural Technician to join the Scentre Group Design Team to work on a range of exciting projects from Concept through to Design Development, Contract Documentation & Construction Delivery phase.
This is a permanent role, which will be based in our Sydney Support Office, located conveniently above Westfield Sydney.
A snapshot of your role:
- Take responsibility for the detailed documentation and delivery of specific portions of tender and trade packages.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks ensuring executed drawings are accurate, co-ordinated, compliant, functional and buildable;
- Timely delivery of Documentation in accordance with the Tender Letting Schedule (TLS) and/or agreed programs
- Actively participate and interact with other members of the project team. Be well informed of established procedures, methodologies and processes.
- Be aware of relevant codes, Australian Standards, BCA & Fire Engineering requirements that may impact assigned tasks.
- Contributes to the Safety in Design process to ensure designs are safe to build, operate and maintain
Industry Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Industry recognised diploma or degree in Architecture
- Creative thinker with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong construction detailing and documentation skills
- Sound construction and buildability knowledge
- Excellent Documentation software skills, in particular Revit & AutoCAD
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to contribute meaningfully to Design Development / Documentation
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to collaborate in a positive working team culture throughout the project from concept to delivery
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to build a holistic career in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!