Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Brand Experience Team’s focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences every day - through assisting the Centre Brand Experience team to execute best-in-class activations and campaigns, partnering with retailers and connect with customers and the community.
Reporting to the Brand Experience Manager within your centre you will support the centre marketing team to execute flawless marketing campaigns. Your role and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Execution of Centre events and digital campaigns
- Assist with the planning, management and delivery of the annual marketing strategy for the centre (across digital, direct & social media touch points),
- Coordinate centre signage from production through to implementation in centre
- Processing of invoices, sales and traffic reports and other administration duties
- Building relationships with retailers, shoppers, community groups and other stakeholders.
- Helping with day to day operations of the Centre including excellent every day presentation.
What will set you apart from the rest?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to progress their marketing career within a market leader. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, passion and integrity; who is passionate about delivering quality executions to enhance the customer experience in centre.
- Experience working with Events & Activation's
- Experience working within a marketing role along with digital and social channels
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced environment; with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise
- Strong interpersonal skills, you will be someone who is confident communicating with various stakeholders
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!