Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and high performing Business Development Manager to join our Retail Development and Innovation team supporting our Leasing and Retail Solutions business. In this newly created role, you will lead the charge and take ownership of our new business strategy by leading, researching, identifying and executing new innovative business growth opportunities.
To be successful, you will prospect within new business categories and partners, with a focus on growing our business by introducing new usages that are highly valuable to our customers and communities and ensure our new partners have access to all the products and services within our portfolio to perform. You will prospect using multiple tools and platforms, attend industry events and keep up to date with market challenges, opportunities and news.
You will be an enthusiastic, hungry, self-starter who works well under pressure and strives to close sales opportunities.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Leading, researching, identifying and executing new innovative business growth opportunities.
- Identifying disruptive industry trends that drive new income and deliver commercial and value advancements across the business.
- Build collaborative relationships with decision makers
- Developing a Business plan
- Achieve team sales targets from Business plan
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Extensive experience of securing new business opportunities and growing corporate accounts
- Hunter mentality - Tenacious attitude towards new business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work autonomously and as part of high performing, cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Proven ability to meet and exceed key performance indicators
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role and any unsolicited agency CV’s will not be accepted at this time.