Visual Analytics Manager
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
As the Visual Analytics Manager you will foster an enterprise-wide capability to create compelling visualisations which bring our insights to life, make key data sets more accessible, and improve our team’s decision-making.
Success in this role will require the ability to:
- Create data visualisations that are intuitive and insightful
- Coach people to create great visualisations, and coach end users to make productive use of visualisations
- Define and implement data visualisation best practices, leading the roll-out of these practices across the business. This includes creating a common visual language for tableau dashboards.
- Work with Business Teams and the Product Owners to understand business requirements, identify the data required, and manage delivery of Tableau dashboards accordingly
- Develop and automate end-to-end data flow/processes into Tableau to ensure robust and scalable solutions are delivered
- Manage a large and growing Tableau deployment – with 400-600 daily user - making it easy for users to find what they are looking for, managing access, and reporting usage
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will display resilience, work with agility, have strong attention to detail with the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- A minimum of three years of experience in data visualisation, ideally 5+ years.
- Strong affinity for numbers and quantitative data
- Exceptional Commercial acumen with the ability to listen and synthesis requirements
- Excellent visual skills, including demonstrated design knowledge, such as layout, typography, colour and interaction design
- Knowledge or experience with data journalism, infographics and associated tools, such as GIS.
- Fluency with Tableau, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Creative vision, a passion for learning and willingness to adopt and share new ideas.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Olivia Stojcevski, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 0439 766 420.