Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction Team at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Construction Coordinator to join the Design & Construction team in Victoria. Reporting to the Project Manager, your key responsibility is the coordination of retail construction projects.
Office location is Westfield Doncaster, with travel to various Westfield centres in Victoria as required (Westfield Airport West, Westfield Plenty Valley, Westfield Southland and Westfield Geelong)
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Proactively manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Manage all commercial and financial activities to ensure completed works achieve the time, cost and quality objectives.
- Manage the procurement and the proper administration of subcontracts and/or supply agreements.
- Work with Scentre Design teams to create innovative design & construction solutions. Actively support Scentre Leasing & Retail Solutions to create space that connects and enriches our community.
- Ensure all work is delivered safely and in accordance with current WHS legislation as well as the Scentre Group People Protecting People safety culture
- Plan, program and coordinate the delivery of onsite construction activities
- Always maintain availability and promote active communication with subcontractors and Scentre Design & Construction staff, displaying integrity, understanding and passion.
What will set you apart from the rest?
Your previous experience in retail construction or facilities management and/or contracts administration will hold you in good stead to take on the challenge of this multifaceted role. Use your exceptional communication skills to influence and engage with trade professionals, WHS and construction team to deliver to deadlines.
- Degree in Construction Management or similar and/or Trade Qualification
- You enjoy working in a high performing, fast paced and inclusive team culture
- Experience in construction industry with a reputable company
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, drawings and construction documentation for accuracy and buildability
- Some experience in contract administration including preparing tender recommendations, contract documentation, raising of orders, processing progress claims and invoices
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and are highly efficient & organised
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued, and rewarded
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role and any unsolicited agency CV’s will not be accepted at this time.