Group Sales Manager – Agency Sales
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
As the Group Sales Manager is responsible for leading a team of high-performance sales professionals and ensuring group revenue targets are achieved through a consultative client management approach.
Reporting to the Group Manager, the Group Sales Manager will be required to inspire, plan, manage and lead to create opportunities for development and growth.
- Demonstrate the key behaviours of high-performance sales by leading from the front with resilience, consistency, and commitment.
- Oversee and apply a customer centric approach to group business planning and client engagement.
- Regularly meet agency partners to generate tailored solutions that address client business objectives and create shared value
- Display effective people management through establishing clear goals and ensuring performance expectations are met
- Lead a proactive approach to pipeline development ensuring monthly group targets are achieved.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Sales experience in an agency environment >6yrs
- Sales management and team leadership experience >3yrs
- Advanced territory management skills
- Advanced in the application of sales tactics
- Marketing/Sales/Retail qualifications
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!