Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
You will ensure the quality of the products displayed on Westfield Direct are of the highest quality possible. Management of and setting / implementing processes to ensure that the products we display are complying with regulatory standards.
You will drive improvement through onboarding, user experience improvements and data enrichment to give customers the richest possible experience when buying on WD. You ensure that new seller products are reviewed and approved combining speed and quality.
You will have overall accountability for
- Work with relevant internal and external (e.g. WatchDog) teams to identify, manage and maintain our regulatory compliance of seller product data.
- Product data approval process and standards
- Product data quality on Westfield Direct, including management of standards on what content is appropriate
- Enrichment of product data to improve customer experience and conversion
- Ownership and improvement of metrics relating to customer conversion relating to product data quality.
- Identifying sellers and work with Category Managers to address ongoing product data related issues
- Maintain knowledge of and communicate internally and with our sellers on Product Data compliance or related issues
Additional, favourable skills or experience:
- Strong process-driven approach
- Strong knowledge and background in product compliance in a marketplace environment
- Strong communicator and ability to influence internal and external groups
- Pragmatic, analytical approach to problem solving
- Passionate drive to provide best possible customer experience
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical data relationships
- Strong working knowledge of Product Inventory Management systems
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen.