Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
The Integration Engineer will be responsible for building, operating and optimising application integration pipelines in a hybrid architecture that spans across on-premises, cloud and SaaS offerings from third party systems including ERP, CRM, and Building Management.
You will follow ‘DevOps’ processes and principles and use CI/CD tools to collaborate with other members within the team and with other teams including Data Science, Customer Experience Technology, Centre Experience Technology, Employee Experience Technology and Cloud Platforms to continuously deliver solutions. You will be required to work in cross functional teams from time to time representing the Data Engineering Group, ensuring the architecture and design principles are upheld while implementing solutions.
You will have overall accountability for
- Design, build, deploy and operate scalable integrations across applications on premise, cloud, and as SaaS
- Own and manage the build and release process using CI/CD tools and APIs such as GitHub, BuildKite.
- Develop and automate testing frameworks that enables continuous deployment to Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Run, Kafka, and Kong
- Deploy automated monitoring processes to collect metrics using tools such as Prometheus & Grafana
- Support the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and deployment efforts.
- Contribute to translation of business requirements into technical designs and maintain technical specification for all processes.
Additional, favourable skills or experience:
- Proficient hands-on experience in designing, building, supporting, and operating Enterprise Integration solutions utilising a variety of Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Proficient hands-on experience with Java & Java Spring Framework. Experience with Apache Camel highly desirable
- Developing experience in one of the major public clouds (GCP, AWS, Azure) with Google Cloud advantageous
- Developing skills in designing, building, and operating complex event integration solutions leveraging messaging solutions such as Kafka, Google PubSub
- Developing experience with containers and container management such as Docker & Kubernetes
- Developing experience with API management platforms such as Kong or Apigee
- Proficient experience designing, developing, and deploying public and private APIs using SOAP, REST, GraphQL.
- Proficient in CI/CD tools such as GitHub, BuildKite.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen.