Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
As part of the Commercial Asset Management team, you will support our commercial assets in delivering extraordinary experiences every day. You will be responsible for the integrated management and maintenance of the infrastructure in each of our CBD assets, ensuring life safety, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and innovation, enabling each asset to achieve its full potential.
Reporting into the Facilities Manager, the Assistant Facilities Manager plays an integral role in ensuring that the facilities services are maintained and continually improved for an optimum service delivery to our customers.
- Manage all asset maintenance, repair and capital works to ensure the best practicable, cost-effective solution
- Ensure all asset, contractor and compliance data is captured and that all documentation is accessible centrally, accurate and current in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to enable real-time reporting
- Utilise the asset management CMMS and the tenant request system (Zendesk or other systems from time to time) for work order management and prioritization
- Manage work request allocations through work orders, aligned purchase orders and procured contractors and subsequently ensure all service provider payments are accurate, timely and professional
- Provide input on asset priorities so that the procurement and administration of services deliver exceptional customer experiences, developing and communicating the plan to the broader building management team
- Deliver accurate metrics for the asset (e.g., financial, safety, compliance, time and cost targets, contractor management, operational excellence and environmental)
- Implement our standard operating procedures and Centres of Excellence for the team and contract providers to ensure consistency and quality delivery of works.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Experience in Commercial, hospitality, property, facilities management or similar customer-centric environment
- Diploma or tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Trade, Building Services or Facilities Management
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrated experience balancing financial needs with technical outcomes
- Demonstrated skill in professionally managing contractor relationships, clarifying instructions to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, multitasking and managing of priorities
- Technology-literate and able to use current business and building management systems and software.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups, including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness, and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!