Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and detail orientated Administration Manager to join our Westfield Hurstville Living Centre. This is a varied role, with a critical focus on finance, though it will also be exposed to all aspects of centre management.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the development of the annual asset budgets, ensuring finances are managed to achieve budget outcomes.
- On-going analysis and management of centre Profit and Loss reports, including reviewing and processing monthly accruals and journals (including prepayments).
- Conduct accurate and timely analysis of financial risks and opportunities, in order present recommendations to the Asset Team.
- Support Regional Customer Experience Manager with analysis of state trends and national benchmark data.
- Conduct bi-monthly forecasting of budgets
- Manage all centre daily banking, reconciliations, accounts payable, and invoices to tenants for expense recoveries
- Support centre operational teams and requirements in response to daily demands of customers and retailers
- Support Regional Manager with analysis of state trends
This is a Full time opportunity, and as a part of our Asset Team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll have excellent financial acumen and a passion for retail property! This is an exciting and challenging role, where you’ll play a key role within our Customer Experience team for Westfield and gain exposure to the day to day operations of a busy centre. You’ll be a confident communicator and enjoy developing relationships with both finance and non-finance staff too.
- Strong knowledge across all aspects of the financial services function
- Accounting Experience & P&L/budgeting ownership
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Direct Leadership exposure
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.