Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Our Purpose is creating extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities. Our Plan is to create the places more people choose to come, more often for longer. Our Ambition is to grow by becoming essential to people and communities and the businesses that interact with them.
In the role of Creche Supervisor, you will plan and enhance children’s learning and behaviour within a safe and caring environment, in accordance with the NZ Early Childhood curriculum, Te Whariki, while providing short term childcare for the customers of Westfield St Lukes.
A role like this doesn’t come along often, so if you’re looking to step away from full-time teaching and only work 26 hours or more a week, this could be the perfect way to start 2023. Flexibility with days can be accommodated.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for the welfare, care and education of the children in your charge. Working with a positive and professional team, the successful candidate will work well with other team members and be flexible in the allocation of tasks and responsibilities.
This role is a part time role covering 26 hours per week.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Rostering and coverage - ensuring compliance with Ministry of Education requirements for child/teacher ratios
- Good computer skills would be an advantage
- Cashing up and end of day reporting
- Communication with parents and caregivers/whanau. Welcome all children and ensure families feel valued, while always being courteous and professional. You will need to develop relationships based on respect and trust
- Support child development by actively encouraging learning and supporting routines (reading stories, outdoor play, art, puzzles, games and other activities)
- Follow Creche and Scentre Group policies and procedures
- Demonstrate professionalism and flexibility in your role. Attend and contribute to team meetings and respect and care for your fellow team members
- Rostering, running team meetings and also being ‘on the ground’ caring for the children.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture. You will be even tempered with an organised approach to your work and a passion for caring for young children.
- A qualified teacher who holds a NZ recognised Early Childhood qualification and be NZ registered / Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood Education) / Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood Education)
- Able to work in a team and autonomously
- You have managed people before and led a team.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a Company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity.
If this sounds like you, apply today and join a company you'll be proud to represent.