Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Westfield Doncaster is a world class Living Centre situated 17 kilometres from the Melbourne CBD. The centre boasts one of the best fashion offers in the city with approximately 421 retailers, and complemented by valet parking, electric car charging and styling services. In 2020, a $30 million redevelopment of Westfield Doncaster’s level two dining and entertainment precinct was completed. The rooftop modern village style indoor/outdoor dining and entertainment precinct features 14 restaurants and has become a convenient and social dining destination for Melbourne’s East.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join the Westfield Doncaster team. You will be responsible for the integrated management and maintenance of the infrastructure across the living centre, ensuring life safety, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and innovation; enabling each the asset to achieve its full potential.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead initiatives that support our strategy to operate as a responsible, sustainable business, including Our Plan, the Strategic Asset Plan, and the Facilities Plan.
- Deliver day-to-day best in class facilities’ services in line with needs of Centre team to deliver excellence in customer experience.
- Lead team, providing education and training as required to support day to day quality deliverables on time and budget.
- Develop a detailed asset life cycle plan for the centre, communicating facilities’ priorities and capital requirements to ensure the Asset Team are clear on deliverables and priorities.
- Ensure all asset team members and service providers deliver operating practices that adhere to all relevant statutory requirements, Codes, standards and authority requirements
- Provide immediate response to all emergency, evacuation or other incidents within the centre, ensuring that all facts are accurate and escalated in a timely manner, following the agreed incident management processes.
- Provide direction for all asset maintenance, repair and capital works, ensuring accuracy and input from other Asset Stakeholders to ensure the best practicable, cost effective solution.
- Identify and escalate opportunities to further improve the asset’s environmental performance that ensure the asset’s environmental targets are met or over-achieved, without detrimental effect to customer experience.
As a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Relevant experience in retail, hospitality, property, facilities management or other customer service environment
- Diploma or tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Trade, Building Services or Facilities Management
- Commercial expertise to manage financials and provide recommendations on operating and capital costs
- Coaching and leadership capability in order to attract, retain and develop the best talent
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative, inclusive culture
- Gender neutral parental leave – 18 weeks paid with no qualifying period.
- Life Leave – additional five days paid leave to use however you like on top of your four weeks annual leave.
- Diverse career paths - Opportunities to cross skill and develop working with over 70 different professions within the team
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work each and every day because we believe our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve, in the communities in which we operate. This commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including LGBTI, gender equity, mental health & wellbeing, working flexibility and disability alongside other initiatives. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Portfolio Lead - Customer & Strategy on +61 427 384 592.