Senior Manager – Enterprise Risk
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
We partner with the world’s leading retail brands to create the places more people choose to come, more often, for longer. Our 42 physical destinations are the heart of our business because we are passionate in our belief that people want to come together in the real world.
We are also ambitious to grow, by expanding and enhancing the total Westfield experience through technology, digital products, data and differentiated customer experiences.
To support our growth and ambition, we are currently hiring a Manager of Risk to assist Scentre Group to systematically identify, assess, control, treat, review and report on risks impacting the Group’s ability to meet its business objectives including operating as a responsible and sustainable business alongside the General Manager of Risk.
The Risk Manager is accountable for:
- Development, preparation, and enhancement of risk reporting to Senior Executives, the Board and Operational Teams including the maintenance of complete and accurate data in Bwise and tracking and recording of notable incidents.
- Assisting the business in developing effective controls or responses to known breaches or failures in relation to the management of Security, Cyber, Privacy and Life Safety risks.
- Development and enhancement of risk reporting platforms including system administration for Bwise and maintenance of relevant SharePoint sites.
- Support for the Crisis Management Team Secretariat and Business Continuity Processes.
- Enhancement of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and Risk culture across Scentre group through influencing, negotiation, learning and development programs and communication platforms.
What sets you apart from the rest?
- Demonstrated experience in an operational risk role (minimum of five years)
- Proven ability to provide analytics and reporting of operational risk information so that it is clear and easy to understand at all levels of the business.
- Attention to detail to confirm risk deliverables are complete, accurate and of a high quality.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken) with people at all levels and from all different backgrounds
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise to achieve objectives of the Team
What sets us apart from the rest?
Market leading benefits including, 5 weeks of annual/lifestyle leave, 18 weeks parental leave (no waiting period), volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
We are proud of our strong people culture. We encourage our people to innovate, be curious and drive their career to great heights
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.