Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living destinations in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Our Purpose is creating extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities. Our Plan is to create the places more people choose to come, more often for longer. Our Ambition is to grow by becoming essential to people and communities and the businesses that interact with them.
Reporting into the Senior Marketing Manager your role as the Marketing Manager – Westfield Newmarket is to inspire and deliver exceptional customer experiences every day by engaging and connecting with customers and the community, assisting the Centre Marketing team to execute best-in-class activations and campaigns, partnering with retailers, and using insights to influence key asset decisions.
With a focus on event management, end-to-end campaign delivery, strategy and relationship management, this role is ideal for a forward thinker with a passion for what they do.
This role is a 12-month fixed term contract.
Day to day, your main responsibilities will include -
- Develop the Centre’s Marketing Plan and oversee flawless execution of key marketing campaigns (including co-ordination of all stakeholders)
- Coach, lead and develop a small team of two Marketing Executives
- Manage the centre marketing budget
- Lead centre communications/content plan across owned, earnt and bought channels
- Deliver an annual centre events program
- Lead and practice everyday innovation and thought leadership, identifying process improvement opportunities
- Assisting retailer engagement through driving regular communication and gaining support via participation in promotional activities
- Supporting PR opportunities, especially via local media relationships
- Working effectively with agencies and external suppliers to deliver quality creative assets and services on time and on budget
- Collaborate with internal teams to deliver activations and campaigns
- Actively engaging and responding to new initiatives and looking for ways to make them work.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a confident and passionate, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture. We are also looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Business discipline
- Hands on Marketing management experience and experience leading small teams
- Skills – communication, brand management, event management, customer experience/guest services, digital and social, media and PR, research and analysis, negotiating
- Understanding consumer behaviour
- Attention to detail and excellence in execution
- Can-do attitude, enthusiasm and integrity
- Ability to adapt to a 7 day a week dynamic environment
- Someone with a passion for the retail sector!
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative, inclusive culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, an extra 5 days ‘life leave’ per year, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase 4 weeks' extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work each day because we believe our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve, in the communities in which we operate. This commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including LGBTI, gender equity, mental health and wellbeing, working flexibility and all abilities alongside other initiatives.
If this sounds like you, apply today and work for a company you’ll be proud to represent.