General Manager – Risk
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
We partner with the world’s leading retail brands to create the places more people choose to come, more often, for longer. Our 42 physical destinations are the heart of our business because we are passionate in our belief that people want to come together in the real world.
We are also ambitious to grow, by expanding and enhancing the total Westfield experience through technology, digital products, data and differentiated customer experiences.
Scentre Group is a leading organisation committed to operating as a Responsible Business, positively impacting people, communities, and businesses. As an industry leader, we are seeking an experienced individual to join us as the General Manager of Risk (GM Risk).
The General Manager Risk will play a crucial role in partnering with the business to identify and manage material risks, ensuring Senior Executives have visibility into risk management practices. The successful candidate will lead efforts to set and execute the organisation's risk appetite, contributing to the overall success of Scentre Group.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and assess key risks affecting operational and strategic objectives.
- Conduct regular risk workshops, scenario assessments, and maturity assessments for business units and corporate areas.
- Lead and influence teams to implement strategic risk solutions.
- Monitor that operational activities are within the Group’s risk appetite.
- Support the Crisis Management Team (CMT) during crisis situations.
- Implement and review the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity Frameworks to Best Practice.
- Review new projects (Corporate, Technology & Construction) to identify and guide Senior Management on risks.
- Draft and deliver risk reports to Executive Risk Management Committee and Board Audit & Risk Committee.
- Drive the agenda for the Executive Risk Management Committee, ensuring relevant matters are addressed.
- Implement Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) solutions.
- Promote and influence Risk Management across the organization.
What sets you apart from the rest?
- Significant experience in risk management and/or internal audit in senior roles.
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders and lead teams to deliver desired outcomes.
- Experience in delivering and presenting risk reports to Executive and Board Committees.
- Prior responsibility for documenting corporate risk policies and frameworks.
- Knowledge of GRC systems and ability to act as a system owner.
- Strong communication skills across all levels and backgrounds.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and achieve team objectives.
- Demonstrated strong execution and results delivery within deadlines.
- Highly motivated and passionate about achieving the best outcomes for the Risk & Audit Team and the broader company.
- Initiative, curiosity, and comfort challenging the status quo.
- A team player who is reliable, participative, and cooperative.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Market leading benefits including, 5 weeks of annual/lifestyle leave, 18 weeks parental leave (no waiting period), volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and the ability to purchase extra annual leave.
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- We are proud of our strong people culture. We encourage our people to innovate, be curious and drive their career to great heights.
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.