Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
Westfield Chermside is located approximately 10 kilometres north of the Brisbane CBD and is one of the strongest performing assets and the largest centre in the Scentre Group portfolio
A $355 million redevelopment was completed in mid-2017 adding approximately 95 new stores to the retail mix, including Brisbane’s first Sephora, H&M, Zara, Uniqlo and a host of other local and international brands. A new leisure and dining precinct was created quickly becoming one of the city’s most attractive dining destinations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Risk & Security Supervisor to assist and support the Centre Customer Experience team in leading and directing the centre Security Function at Westfield Chermside providing the optimal level of security and safety for our retailers and customers.
Reporting to the Risk & Security Manager your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Be the support function to the Risk and Security Manager on all day to day operational Risk and Security matters. Be the eyes and ears of the customer and employee safety and security in centres while promoting the delivery of extraordinary experiences every day.
- Support service delivery agreements/contracts to ensure that performance feedback is provided to contract managers for input into performance reviews and any remedial actions for contract staff.
- Support proactive management, reporting and response to hazard identification, incidents, emergencies, near misses and claims across the Centre and region.
- Provide day to day coaching to contracted staff in line with WHS legislation and obligations.
- Support a safe environment including site and regulatory compliance, contractor inductions and observations, centre walks and inspections, compliance with Scentre Group Life Safety policies.
- Attend to centre emergencies; ensuring risk and security staff and contractors are trained to deal with all contingencies.
- Fostering constructive working relationships with internal and external partners including, but not limited to, customers, retailers and contractors, Senior Police, Workplace Regulators, Emergency Services and other stakeholders.
- Design and deliver security training for all staff, retailers and contractors
- Develop strong relationships and work with local Police, Fire Brigade and Ambulance Services to develop emergency protocols
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture.
- Demonstrated experience delivering training programs.
- Qualifications in Work Health and Safety or related discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in risk and security management in retail property, hospitality, entertainment, leisure or services organisations.
- Ability to promote a risk, safety & security culture including good practice
- Security Licence 1AC
- First Aid Certificate
- Proven Security Team Leader/supervisory experience
- Ability to adapt to a seven day a week dynamic environment
- Be able to multi-task and work in a busy environment.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks Parental leave, Volunteer Days to work with our Charity Partners, Health and Wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra Annual Leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!