Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 41 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. We are the meeting place for driven and passionate people, ready to take on exciting opportunities and develop new skills within our various business divisions, adding value to a tangible product which everyone can see.
Westfield Whitford City is located in Hillarys, a coastal suburb 20 kilometers north of the Perth CBD. The centre caters to a trade area population of nearly 432,000 residents.
An $80 million redevelopment was completed in September 2017 with the opening of a brand-new dining, lifestyle and entertainment precinct incorporating an 8-screen Event Cinemas complex and a bowling alley. Designed as a space where people can come together, the fresh outdoor space celebrates the best of Perth’s café culture and provides a new destination for Perth’s northern beaches community. Westfield Whitford City offers customers a convenient mix of retailers including a Target, Big W, Coles, Woolworths and Bunning’s as well as 290 specialty stores.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Retail Experience Manager is the voice of the customer, partner of the retailer, and the eyes and ears of the Centre.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Contributing to customer and retailer focused management of the day to day operations of the Centre and excellent everyday presentation
- Build strong relationships with Centre retail staff, customers and community stakeholders
- Identify areas of strategic opportunity in relation to retailers and customer experience and create short and long-term roadmaps that contribute to an improved retailer and Centre performance
- Act as a change advocate, initiating and supporting new programs that impact the retailer and customer experience and business performance
- Resolve issues and influence internal stakeholders for the best business outcomes aligned to Scentre Group purpose and strategies
- Dealing with Centre incidents and emergencies in accordance with company procedures
- Having a good knowledge of the Centre market demographics and trends
This is a permanent position, with full-time hours, and as a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Tertiary qualified desirable but not essential – preferably property, business, retail or hospitality
- Experience in retail property management or with a national retailer, wholesaler, hospitality or entertainment, leisure or services organization
- Commercial acumen and prior oversight of business financials, namely income driving and expense reduction strategies
- An energetic people person who enjoys interacting with customers and an ability to achieve a level of service that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of our customers
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, team player with passion and integrity
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.’
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.