Scentre Group owns and operates Westfield centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
We partner with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands, home-grown entrepreneurs and local game-changers, redefining the retail, hospitality, leisure and lifestyle experiences for millions of customers we welcome through our doors every year. Our Westfield living centres are much more than places where people shop - we're curating the best retail, dining, entertainment, and leisure experiences.
Scentre Group is looking for an experienced professional to join our team in Canberra as a Commercial Retail Manager. You will be responsible for making commercial recommendations and negotiating outcomes that ensure a consistent, effective, and commercial approach to the prevention, management, and collection of rental arrears and promotional allowances with our Retailers.
As a Commercial Retail Manager, your role is to build strong retailer relationships that will improve retailer advocacy.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to -
- Build and nurture retail relationships that drive better retail performance
- Negotiating and recommending solutions on risks associated with retailer debt management, promotional allowances, lock-outs and payments plans
- Negotiate and recommend commercial decisions with internal stakeholders
- Identify and implement strategies to deliver commercial outcomes and retail partnerships
- Master self-empower others and communicate with impact, to improve team effectiveness and collaboration
- This role will have you supporting a cluster of centres working closely with the Leasing & Retail Solutions team, Retail Administration division, and broader Asset teams.
This is a permanent position with full-time hours working across Westfield Woden and Westfield Belconnen.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture.
- Tertiary qualified – preferably property, business or retail experience.
- 5 years’ experience retail, property management or similar industry
- Skills - Commercial astute, good oral and written communication, strategy, negotiating and influencing, building relationships, resilient, executive presence/represent the company
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks Parental leave, Volunteer Days to work with our Charity Partners, Health and Wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra Annual Leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.’
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.