Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
With an established cloud-first platform, the Technology Platforms Team is seeking a talented Platforms Engineer to continue to uplift and maintain its modern capabilities. Based in our Sydney CBD support office this role is focussed on joining an existing cloud native DevOps team delivering cloud transformation, infrastructure optimisation, and rapid digital enablement.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Building, testing, deploying and supporting modern cloud platforms on GCP and Azure
- Maintaining and supporting an existing on-premise environment (Windows / Linux / Unix)
- Decommissioning legacy environments
- Ensuring our platforms are patched, secure, and resilient.
- Troubleshooting and incident resolution within the whole stack
- After-hours support of the production environment & critical systems (paid on-call)
- Support product and software development teams in true DevOps style
What will set you apart from the rest?
This role would suit someone with established Cloud Platform skills in either GCP or Azure. Core skills include Cloud Infrastructure, Web Applications, CI/CD, and project work. In return, we will support you in uplifting your skills with mentorship, training, and development planning.
- Kubernetes – Managing clusters and running workloads with a focus on developer experience
- Google Cloud Platform – Google Kubernetes Engine, VPC networking, Azure a nice to have
- Configuration management systems & Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform and SaltStack
- Shell scripting or some programming experience (Python, Golang, Node, etc.)
- Docker builds and deployments
- Networking fundamentals, some exposure to Web Application Firewalls and VPC networking a bonus
- Continuous Integration systems such as Buildkite
- Site Reliability Engineering and Traditional Windows / VMWare skills (On Prem Infrastructure) a bonus
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness, and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.