Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Technology is part of everything Scentre Group does, and in many cases, it’s the enabler. Our ambition is to increase our customer intimacy in the Technology team, accelerate agility and innovation, and increase our speed of delivery. Digital innovation through advanced data analytics and new technologies are being embedded across all facets of business operations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager Cybersecurity and Technology Risk Management to join Scentre Group’s Cyber Security team. You’ll lead the overall technology direction for cybersecurity focusing on evolving cybersecurity strategy, embedding security controls and implementing best practices into our corporate, digital and living centre business domains.
Day-to-day, your core responsibilities will be:
- create, advise and implement innovative cybersecurity and risk management approaches that utilise proper security controls to meet both ongoing and emerging threats incorporating industry best practises and tools
- partner with various technology and business teams and act as a trusted advisor in defining, designing and implementing their cyber controls and activities
- partner with Corporate Security and Enterprise Risk and Audit teams to ensure alignment and consistency
- advise and execute programs ad practices to automate processes and controls to reduce manual tasks and speed analysis and response capability
- lead the establishment and use of cybersecurity policies, standards, procedures and measurement criteria
- ensure cybersecurity strategies and plans are commercially grounded and aligned to business objectives
This is a permanent full-time position based in Scentre Group’s support office in the Sydney CBD.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a strategic and long-term thinker, a strong influencer, and have a passion for operational excellence. This role will demand strong commercial and technological acumen with the ability to actively listen to team members and gaining buy-in from peers and stakeholders. Strong candidates will possess an ability to accept and action feedback coupled with a consistent approach to planning.
- Deep knowledge of InfoSec Frameworks (NIST, ISO27001, PCI-DSS, SOC)
- Experience in strategy development, implementation and business partnering
- Thorough understanding of information security threats, mitigation and controls
- Ability to perform independent research and analysis of security threats and issues using various available resources
- A strong understanding of effective security and operational capabilities and experience
- A fundamental understanding of infrastructure and cloud platforms, understanding of network security, modern software development practices (CI/CD, DevSecOps) and identity and access management capabilities
- Thorough understanding of the application, strengths, and limitations of security controls
- Experience collaborating with third parties in the co-sourced delivery of cyber security audit and assurance
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it, but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups, including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness, and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions or want to further discuss the role, please reach out to Bree Fienberg, Talent Acquisition Business Partner on 02 9028 8958.