Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
As a Commercial Retail Manager, you will be responsible for making commercial recommendations and negotiating outcomes that ensure a consistent, effective, and commercial approach to the prevention, management, and collection of rental arrears and promotional allowances with our Retailers. The purpose of the role is also to build strong retailer relationships that improve retailer advocacy.
This is a full-time opportunity on an 18 month fixed-term contract. This role will have you supporting Westfield Bondi Junction by working closely with the Leasing & Retail Solutions team, Retail Administration division, and broader Asset teams.
Your role and responsibilities will include, but not limited to
- Build and nurture retail relationships that enable true customer centric partnerships that drive better retail performance
- Analysis of debt reports, more complicated collection issues and higher risk retailers
- Negotiate and recommend commercial decisions with internal stakeholders
- Identify and implement strategies to deliver commercial outcomes and retail partnerships
- Develop strategy and tactics to manage retailer arrears and promotional allowances to deliver the most commercially acceptable outcome in line with the Leasing and Retail Solutions strategy
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture.
- Tertiary qualified – preferably property, business or retail experience.
- Experience in negotiating and recommending solutions on risks associated with debt management
- 5 years’ experience retail, property management or similar industry
- Skills - Commercial astute, good oral and written communication, strategy, negotiating and influencing, building relationships, resilient, executive presence/represent the company
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks Parental leave, Volunteer Days to work with our Charity Partners, Health and Wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra Annual Leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Bree Fienberg, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8958.