Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Scentre Group has commenced construction on our $1 billion mixed-use development of the former David Jones department store at the corner of Castlereagh and Market Streets in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The heritage redevelopment will feature high-end retail and premium commercial within the existing building, in addition a 22-storey luxury residential tower will be added.
This is a first of its kind for our business, to bring this to life we are looking for a Community Liaison Officer to play the important role of key influencer between our neighbours, the community, centre management and construction project team. This role is critical in managing stakeholder relationships with key groups likely to be impacted during this construction.
This is a permanent part-time role (2 days per week), which will be based in our Sydney Support Office, located conveniently above Westfield Sydney.
Areas of focus for this role are, but not limited to:
- Provide strategic advice on community and stakeholder matters
- Assist in the development of the project specific communication strategies and lead the implementation of the strategy focusing on community stakeholder engagement
- Proactively seek opportunities to conduct presentations to neighbours, nominated community groups/business groups to communicate construction and development milestones as necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of any correspondence relating to the Project, specific to external communications with key stakeholders.
- work with the Group’s media team (Corporate Affairs/Brand experience) in the positioning and delivery of media responses to these issues.
- Build and maintain strong influential relationships with all community segments including special interest groups
- mitigates challenges through early identification of issues and proactive management of communications through the use of the most appropriate communication channels.
Industry Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Able to foster an environment that supports community involvement.
- The ideal candidate would be experienced in internal and external stakeholder relations or public relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including confidently interacting with the public and business operators through phone, email and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and patience to deal tactfully with all stakeholders and in particular local residents and business.
- An understanding of construction methodology and ability to read/ interpret plans would be helpful
- Ability to prepare presentations and reports
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Previous public consultation experience Insert required industry skills, knowledge and experience
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to build a holistic career in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
Join the Scentre Group community and see the fruits of your labour come to life.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!